seeks an Art Director!
Fullbright, the creators of acclaimed story exploration games Gone Home and Tacoma, are working on our next project in collaboration with Annapurna Interactive, and seek an experienced Art Director to join the team in Portland, Oregon! The Art Director will be responsible for taking the visuals of our currently-in-development game, refining and unifying them across the full game experience, and leading our art team to a successful cross-platform shipping experience and beyond.
Candidates must be local to Portland, Oregon or residents of the U.S. that are excited to relocate to our verdant mini-metropolis (relocation reimbursement available). We offer a comfortable living wage, a monthly tax-free health insurance stipend, generous paid vacation days, paid parental leave, a crunch-free schedule, and the opportunity to work on small, high-quality games with a small, high-quality team!
At Fullbright we're committed to diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we enthusiastically encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT HIRING IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS: While these positions are on-site and in person, we take the current global health crisis very seriously. Our entire team is working from home until further notice; we'll be doing this hiring process entirely remotely, and plan to start new hires in these positions working remotely from their current location, until such a time as folks are given the all-clear to begin traveling and working together in an office again, at which point we'll begin the relocation process. We're experienced with remote work, and hope we can get folks productive and integrated with our current team until such a time as we're all back in the office.
- Collaborate closely with our Creative Director to refine and maintain a cohesive aesthetic vision for our story-driven narrative game currently in development
- Extend the game's aesthetic vision beyond core game visuals to support UI/UX
- Create and maintain art style guides and high-level documentation
- Work with the leadership team (Creative Director, Tech Director, and Production) to plan and execute key milestone goals using agile methodologies
- Represent the project and team to external stakeholders
- Understand and navigate technical constraints to produce striking results on all target platforms
- Manage and coach a small core team of 2D and 3D artists and nurture their well-being and growth
- Manage external outsourcing partnerships to ensure assets hit style, schedule, technical, and quality targets
- Apply an iterative approach to improve results, pipelines, and processes
- Already living in or excited to relocate to beautiful Portland, Oregon to work onsite with our development team (once the age of the coronavirus passes; remote work with the team until then)
- Accomplished CG artist with a minimum of 5 years experience in game development and at least one shipped multi-platform title as a video game Art Director
- Strong, collaborative written and verbal communication, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience at establishing art vision and guidelines, preferably on new IPs
- A deep understanding of all aspects of contemporary 3D game development: concept art, character art, prop modeling, environment modeling, lighting, visual effects, and user interface
- Experience in an art leadership role in companies of 10 people or more
- Experience directing 2D animation and production pipelines
- Experience ramping up and working effectively with external development partners
- Significant experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience working with partially remote teams
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum production environment
- Experience with Perforce and Jira
- Experience developing narrative-driven games
- Familiarity with film and cinematography techniques, and translating them into an interactive space
- Strong familiarity with a broad selection of narrative-driven video games, along with other inspirations from film, fine art and popular entertainment
If this sounds like you, please email us your resume, samples of your work, a little about yourself, and why you'd be a great fit for our team. We can't wait to hear from you.