seeks an Engineering Lead!
Fullbright, the creators of acclaimed story exploration games Gone Home and Tacoma, are working on our next project in collaboration with Annapurna Interactive, and seek an Engineering Lead to join the team in Portland, Oregon! The Engineering Lead will be responsible for leading our team of programmers and will be the voice of the tech team for our narrative-driven game currently in development, owning the technical vision of the project through ship and post-release, and establishing that vision from day 0 on our upcoming titles. You will work closely with our production, art, and design teams as well as external partners as the expert on all things technical for Fullbright's games.
Candidates must be local to Portland, Oregon or residents of the U.S. that are excited to relocate to our verdant mini-metropolis (relocation reimbursement available). We offer a comfortable living wage, a monthly tax-free health insurance stipend, generous paid vacation days, paid parental leave, a crunch-free schedule, and the opportunity to work on small, high-quality games with a small, high-quality team!
At Fullbright we're committed to diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we enthusiastically encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT HIRING IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS: While these positions are on-site and in person, we take the current global health crisis very seriously. Our entire team is working from home until further notice; we'll be doing this hiring process entirely remotely, and plan to start new hires in these positions working remotely from their current location, until such a time as folks are given the all-clear to begin traveling and working together in an office again, at which point we'll begin the relocation process. We're experienced with remote work, and hope we can get folks productive and integrated with our current team until such a time as we're all back in the office.
- Work as part of the product leadership team to understand, refine, and maintain the technical vision for our narrative-driven game currently in development
- Work with programming team to set project technical standards and policies; guide project technical design and implementation
- Define high-level architecture, processes and tools, as well as technical estimates for a concurrent launch across multiple platforms
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables
- Represent the project and team to external stakeholders
- Own the end-to-end technical stack, including release management
- Take the initiative to jump in and personally execute code tasks when required
- Gain familiarity with the codebase for our existing game catalogue and help bring existing catalogue games to new services/storefronts as needed
- Establish the technical foundation for upcoming titles following our current game in development
- Already living in or excited to relocate to beautiful Portland, Oregon to work onsite with our development team (once the age of the coronavirus passes; remote work with the team until then)
- 5+ years software development experience in the video game industry
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Strong spoken and written communication, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Deep knowledge of C#
- Unity experience
- Leadership experience developing and launching games across multiple platforms simultaneously, including experience with console certification
- Experience working with partially remote teams
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum production environment
- Experience with Perforce and Jira
- Love for narrative-driven video games
If this sounds like you, please email us your resume, a little about yourself, and why you'd be a great fit for our team. We can't wait to hear from you.